At Zutilla Pet Clinic in Dalton, GA our veterinarian. Star Gregory, strongly believes in the importance of vaccinations for all pets to help prevent deadly diseases. Which vaccines your pet requires depends on their age and their lifestyle. If you are not sure, you definitely want to contact us so our veterinarian can recommend the proper vaccines for your pet. Check out our vaccines packages by clicking the appropriate link: Dog Vaccines, Puppy Vaccines, Cat vaccines, Kitten Vaccines
We provide the following vaccines at Zutilla Pet Clinic:
- Bordetella- (also known as Kennel Cough) Your dog will need this vaccine if they spend time around other dogs such as in grooming facilities, boarding kennels, dog parks, doggy daycare or other similar environments. This vaccine is repeated annually.
- DAPP (commonly called distemper/parvo vaccine, also known as DHPP or DA2PP) 3 year vaccine available!- This is probably the most important vaccine your puppy will need. It protects against Parvovirus, which is often fatal if contracted. But just because your dog is not a puppy, that doesn’t mean they do not need this vaccines. This vaccine also protects against canine distemper, canine adenovirus, and canine parainfluenza. Don’t know what theses diseases are? It’s okay. We’ll explain everything during your visit! This vaccine can be good for anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 years depending on your dog’s age.
- Leptospirosis (The “L” in DALPP, or DHLPP vaccine) Your dog will need this vaccine if they share their environment with wildlife such as raccoons or opossums. Leptospirosis is a bacterial disease that is spread through the urine of wildlife. Your dog can contract this by drinking water from a lake, stream, creek, puddle, or any other body of water that a wild animal may have urinated in. This disease can cause kidney and/or liver failure and it is zoonotic, meaning it can be passed to you and your family!
- Rabies- 3 year vaccines available! Rabies is legally required and is 100% fatal. Need we say more?
- FVRCP- 3 year vaccines available! This vaccine protects against two diseases which cause upper respiratory symptoms and panleukopenia. Panleukopenia is basically the cat version of Canine Parvovirus.
- Feline Leukemia Dr. Gregory recommends this vaccine for all kittens and all cats that go outdoors. Feline leukemia causes immune system suppression and can even lead to certain types of cancer in your cat. This vaccine is repeated annually.
- Rabies- 3 year vaccine available! All cats are legally required to be vaccinated for rabies.